- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 8: Hudson Bay to the Solway
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 7: Paths long neglected and meadows unmown
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 6: Great Expectations
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 5: What spires, what blooms are those?
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 4: Promenades and Sculptures
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 3: The Iron Coast
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 2: Country roads and Clifftops
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 1: Where the dirt is clean
- Freezing winds on Great Sca Fell
- What’s a Currick?
Category Archives: Northumberland
These were our penultimate and final sections of the Hadrian’s Wall Trail, the official trail ending at Segudunum, the alternate, unofficial, finish at Arbeia, and our own extension to make it into a coast to coast walk. Day IX: Completing the … Continue reading
9.5 miles 6h 15m ascent 394m Walltown-Housesteads Well this was a different walk from the same route a month earlier. We returned to this section of ridges between Walton and Houseteads, which we had walked in rain, mist and a strong headwind last … Continue reading
10.3 miles 4h 39m 131m ascent Wallhouse-Tyne Riverside Country Park This was a walk of three halves, and I am not referring to beer. The first half was dry with a chilly breeze, the the first half of the second … Continue reading
10.1 miles 5h 12m ascent 288m Chesters Fort-Wallhouse Except for a wee diversion at Brunton, this section ran beside the B6318, rarely drifting more than a stone’s throw away. The B6318 is apparently the longest B road in Britain, and because … Continue reading
9.7 miles 5h 5m ascent 192m Housesteads-Chesters Fort Better weather. The last two sections we walked into a strong headwind, first with snow and then with rain. Today the wind was at our backs and though rain and despite we walking … Continue reading