- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 8: Hudson Bay to the Solway
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 7: Paths long neglected and meadows unmown
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 6: Great Expectations
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 5: What spires, what blooms are those?
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 4: Promenades and Sculptures
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 3: The Iron Coast
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 2: Country roads and Clifftops
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 1: Where the dirt is clean
- Freezing winds on Great Sca Fell
- What’s a Currick?
Category Archives: Lake District
10.8 miles 6h 14m ascent 490m Swineside-High Pike-Caldbeck-Sebergham-Churchtown Pronunciation of Sebergham….SEBrum (source: Cumbrian friend). Rain was forecast and the forecast was on the mark. While driving down to Cumbria, though, the sky was blue and the sun was shining. A … Continue reading
9.8 miles 5h 21m 456m ascent Keswick-Glenderaterra-Caldew Valley Miles 46-56 of the Cumbria way. This was the first section where we used two cars, leaving one in Keswick and the other close to the Cumbria Way near Mosedale. The weather … Continue reading
8.3 mikes 4h 44min 192m ascent Rosthwaite-Keswick It might sound a little more like a journey in the Lord of the Rings than the Cumbria Way, but we were neither beset by orcs nor tempted by an accursèd ring, and … Continue reading
8.5 miles 5h 59m ascent 410m Old Dungeon Ghyll- Stake Pass-Rosthwaite This was our third Cumbria Way walk. The official third stage runs from Dungeon Ghyll to Keswick but we decided to split the walk and end this day … Continue reading