- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 5: What spires, what blooms are those?
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 4: Promenades and Sculptures
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 3: The Iron Coast
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 2: Country roads and Clifftops
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 1: Where the dirt is clean
- Freezing winds on Great Sca Fell
- What’s a Currick?
- Fifty-eight metres off Blencathra summit
- Knockespen – two hills make one
- Skerrow Halt Again
Tag Archives: Spring
15 miles 5h 45m 682m ascent; max elevation 305m on Woodheads Hill Route: SUW Gala to Lauder What more could we ask for? The Southern Upland Way in sunshine, with riverside and farmland walks, plenty of wild flowers, hawthorn and … Continue reading
The central section of the SUW, from the River Nith at Sanquhar to the River Tweed at Yair Bridge is 70.4 of the SUW’s 212 miles, though our journey clocked up 76.5 miles with 4403m ascent. This took us from … Continue reading
5.8 miles 4h 30m ascent 340m Route: Quarry SE of Clatteringshaws, Low Craignell, Craignell, Darnaw, Dragonfly Monument Then we set off again over two very desolate hills that have for names, as Sammle told me, Craignell and Darnaw. We were high up on them and keeping … Continue reading