- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 5: What spires, what blooms are those?
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 4: Promenades and Sculptures
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 3: The Iron Coast
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 2: Country roads and Clifftops
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 1: Where the dirt is clean
- Freezing winds on Great Sca Fell
- What’s a Currick?
- Fifty-eight metres off Blencathra summit
- Knockespen – two hills make one
- Skerrow Halt Again
Tag Archives: Ruins
8.4 miles 3h 52 min ascent 93m Stroan Loch to a little way past Skerrow Halt, and back We had been heavy rain in the previous days so my planned walk, which would have included a stroll through boggy terrain, was … Continue reading
3.75 miles 1h 50m ascent 114m Gatehouse of Fleet- Trusty’s Hill-Rutherford Monument-Anwoth Drust’s Hill, wet walk, pictish carvings, monument 1 and 2, old kirk [osmap gpx=”http://www.screel.co.uk/walks/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/RK_gpx-_2017-05-21_1016.gpx”]
13 miles 5h 33m 631m ascent Bellshaw Pool-Garwaldwaterfoot This, our third Romans and Reivers walk, took us from Moffat Dale to Eskdale, passing through the valleys of Wamphray Water, Dryfe Water, and Garwald Water, and past the … Continue reading