- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 5: What spires, what blooms are those?
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 4: Promenades and Sculptures
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 3: The Iron Coast
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 2: Country roads and Clifftops
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 1: Where the dirt is clean
- Freezing winds on Great Sca Fell
- What’s a Currick?
- Fifty-eight metres off Blencathra summit
- Knockespen – two hills make one
- Skerrow Halt Again
Tag Archives: 7stanes
6.5 miles 2h 53m 281m ascent Ae forest – mostly red routes carved bench, over the Ae, footpath through deciduous riverside woodland, crabapple/cherry, sour, hips and haws, winter oak and winter beech, washed away paths, excavated paths, gnarled trees, lichen … Continue reading
7.75 miles 3h 40m ascent 283m Dalbeattie Forest-Moyle Hill-Heart Stane There were severe weather warnings for heavy rain and some local fields were already flooded so I ditched the planned route for one away from major waterways and without sections … Continue reading