- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 5: What spires, what blooms are those?
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 4: Promenades and Sculptures
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 3: The Iron Coast
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 2: Country roads and Clifftops
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 1: Where the dirt is clean
- Freezing winds on Great Sca Fell
- What’s a Currick?
- Fifty-eight metres off Blencathra summit
- Knockespen – two hills make one
- Skerrow Halt Again
Category Archives: Far away
10.2 miles, 5h 15m, descent from 1233m to sea level. Samaria Gorge, Crete A long tale, I’m afraid, but it was a long day. My pick up was at a pre-dawn 5.45 am. The alarm was set for 5 am … Continue reading
Distance: Not much actual walking. Climb: Virtually none. Duration: Left after breakfast, back for lunch. Knossos by bus A journey rather than a walk, and certainly not an epic journey. As I walked from the hotel I left the unreal … Continue reading