- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 5: What spires, what blooms are those?
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 4: Promenades and Sculptures
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 3: The Iron Coast
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 2: Country roads and Clifftops
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 1: Where the dirt is clean
- Freezing winds on Great Sca Fell
- What’s a Currick?
- Fifty-eight metres off Blencathra summit
- Knockespen – two hills make one
- Skerrow Halt Again
Category Archives: Northumberland
These were our penultimate and final sections of the Hadrian’s Wall Trail, the official trail ending at Segudunum, the alternate, unofficial, finish at Arbeia, and our own extension to make it into a coast to coast walk. Day IX: Completing the … Continue reading
9.5 miles 6h 15m ascent 394m Walltown-Housesteads Well this was a different walk from the same route a month earlier. We returned to this section of ridges between Walton and Houseteads, which we had walked in rain, mist and a strong headwind last … Continue reading