- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 5: What spires, what blooms are those?
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 4: Promenades and Sculptures
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 3: The Iron Coast
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 2: Country roads and Clifftops
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 1: Where the dirt is clean
- Freezing winds on Great Sca Fell
- What’s a Currick?
- Fifty-eight metres off Blencathra summit
- Knockespen – two hills make one
- Skerrow Halt Again
Category Archives: Dumfries & Galloway
8.05 miles 3h 20m ascent 279m Knockespen 344m When I woke the air was chilled, the sky dry. The car frozen, and as I loaded it hail was falling. As we arrived at Ae the snow was falling and the … Continue reading
8.4 miles 3h 52 min ascent 93m Stroan Loch to a little way past Skerrow Halt, and back We had been heavy rain in the previous days so my planned walk, which would have included a stroll through boggy terrain, was … Continue reading