- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 5: What spires, what blooms are those?
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 4: Promenades and Sculptures
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 3: The Iron Coast
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 2: Country roads and Clifftops
- Hadrian’s Coastal Route 1: Where the dirt is clean
- Freezing winds on Great Sca Fell
- What’s a Currick?
- Fifty-eight metres off Blencathra summit
- Knockespen – two hills make one
- Skerrow Halt Again
Category Archives: Ayrshire
2.33 country miles 2h 2min 34m ascent Waterhead Rosnes Benches Blanket bog is one of Scotland’s most extensive semi-natural habitats but if I am honest I tend to think of peat bogs as a difficulty to be crossed on the … Continue reading
3.2 miles 1 h 55m 150m ascent Ness Glen – Glessel Hill A shorter walk than I had planned since there were sheep aplenty on the hills and the dogs had to be kept on leads for much of the … Continue reading
4.8 miles 3h 48m ascent 222m Peden’s Hut-Shiel Hill-Cornish Loch-Cornish Hill Beyond yon hills where Stinsiar* flows, ‘mang muirs and mosses many… By Girvan’s fairy-haunted stream, The birdies flit on wanton wing; While bank and brae are clothed in green, … Continue reading